Monday, April 27, 2009

Absence makes for dull blogs

Sorry for the lack of blogging this month folks. A dear friend of mine just had her first baby last week - yeay! But I've spent some time staying with them out of state so she wouldn't be alone while her husband was at school/work, and I'll be heading back down there on Wednesday to help out. She's bedridden for a bit, poor thing.

I love being able to help out (I mean, being unemployed has to be good for something, right?) but it has put a huge kink in my writing schedule. I have at least been able to do some more tweaking on my novel while I wait to hear back from the agent I met last month, and I have also submitted two short stories this month. I keep wondering where April has gone...

I have to admit, the waiting is harder than I thought it would be. When I was working full time it was easier to submit-it-and-forget-it. Now that I'm basically writing for a living there is less to distract me from thinking about when I'll find out if I'm making any progress. It's great to have projects out and more in the works, and if the current submissions are rejected it's not like I'm going to stop trying, but man it would be nice to have some more credits to put in my author bio.

No comments:

Post a Comment