Tuesday, August 9, 2011

New Short Story Release!

My newest short story is now available from Burning Bulb Press. The anthology is The Big Book of Bizarro, and my story is called "Succor the Child."

I love weird fiction, and Lovecraft in particular, and this anthology let me range in different directions from my more romantic works. While "Succor" isn't specifically a Mythos story, it might as well be. I sure as heck lost sanity writing it. Fortunately it was only temporary. (Or at least, that's what they tell me.)

Seriously though, the story is based on a dream I had. I woke up, got the dream fixed in my head, and then ran to my computer. Six or so hours later I had a first draft, and my world-view was pretty skewed for about 18 hours before it finally got back to normal. Channeling this baby messed with me hard, but reactions have all pretty much been "creepy!" so I'll take that as a win.

Stop by my website to read a excerpt!

No comments:

Post a Comment