Friday, January 1, 2010

100 Words About: 2009

2009 was a mixed year for me. There were oh so many downs: I was laid off and unemployed for eight months, the washer and dryer both died, two windows on the front porch broke, had car repairs, there was much uncertainty and stress about the husband's job, and worst of all, someone very dear to me died.

And yet, there were good things, even great things. Two good friends got married, and other friends got engaged after many years. Several friends and family members gave birth safely to their first children. Despite our financial worries, my husband and I spent our ten-year anniversary on a wonderful adventure driving up the California coast. And I proved to myself that I can do this writing thing.

Remember the good and the love, and look forward to the future. The rest just weighs you down. Happy New Year everyone!

2 comments:

  1. I'd say you ended the year on a much higher note than it started off. Happy New Year! Many heartfelt wishes for 2010.

    ReplyDelete