Friday, April 2, 2010

100 Words About: A Very Long Week

I don't know about y'all, but this has been one freaking long week for me. Nothing Earth-shattering or terrible, but very, very long.

I am really tired of feeling like crap.

Time is so very weird. All week I've kept thinking "Today is Friday." And for four days, I've been wrong. It makes the week seem to stretch out somehow. You would think time would be constant: a minute is always thirty seconds, after all. Numbers. The numbers should always add up right.

And maybe they do. But our perception of time is so wonky that it's almost a moot point. In my own personal timeline this week has felt like about two weeks, and yet it intersects perfectly with everyone else's weeks. It doesn't seem like it should work that way, somehow.

Image: Salvatore Vuono / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment