Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Liquid Story Binder and Other Briefness

I had last week off, but now I feel like crap, so this will be a brief note before I succumb to some sort of medicated coma. I've started playing with Liquid Story Binder lately. Loving the automatic word count and the storyboard, hating having to figure out a new software package, but I think it'll be worth it. So far I'm still using the free version, which is the full version but with a time limit. Cool idea. I'm planning on using it for NaNoWriMo, but right now I'm testing it out with a new short story. Did a basic storyboard, used a sequence as a place for character thumbnails, and was able to sit down on my lunch break and pound out 250 words of first draft, and another 250 words after work before The Husband picked me up. Not bad at all. Maybe if I feel better later I'll get a little more done, but for now my head is killing me.

BTW, if you're in the Madison WI area and/or a fan of Harlan Ellison, today is the last day to get the cheaper tickets for MadCon 2010, which is supposedly Ellison's last convention appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment