Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Certainty

If Friday's post was about uncertainty, today's is about a known fact: I'm about to get sick.

The Husband was feeling a little under the weather yesterday, but nothing major; just some sinus drainage, a little sore throat. Today he has a full-on chest cold.

This morning I woke up with a little sinus drainage, and a little sore throat.

Sigh.

I called my boss and gave her the skinny, and the option to have my probably-contagious self come in today. She said to stay home. Thanks, Boss!

So I went back to bed, slept till 10am, and then embarked on a two-hour provisioning run. I got cold meds, tissues, orange juice, and all the stuff to make The Husband's Jewish Penicillin recipe. And, perhaps most importantly, Ruby's hot and sour soup. I got home just as The Husband was up for a few minutes, so I got a bowl of hot and sour soup in him before handing over the Walgreens Nighttime D (because NyQuil doesn't use pseudo-ephedrine anymore, fuckers).

I have fortified myself with hot and sour soup. Now for orange juice. And then I wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment