Friday, September 25, 2009

100 Words About: Rain

It’s been a rainy week, which is a bit of a change since it's been a fairly dry summer. And of course I see people complain about how grey and depressing it is. Granted, I'm a little bummed that with all that rain we couldn't get one thunderstorm. But I like rain. I love the soft sound of it against the windows, the hiss of the cars on the wet pavement outside. I love looking out the window and watching the water run down the hill and the happy feeling I have that I'm snug indoors. So shush y'all, and let me enjoy my weather.

Photo courtesy of Christian Southworth and www.freedigitalphotos.net.

1 comment:

  1. Rain gives me reason and momentum. Why with the dark clouds and heavy burdens on the sky should I feel the press of doing, I don’t know. But it has been that way for a long time. The rainy days make me want to write, clean and listen to Tom Waits. I like dark music with a dark day, never too somber, never too melodramatic-but music, when listened to, can give a person pause. And Waits to me, his visual images, bring nothing but delight, “…As he dreams of a waitress with Maxwell House eyes And marmalade thighs with scrambled yellow hair.” You see the diner? You taste the coffee?

    ReplyDelete