Friday, March 5, 2010

100 Words About: Dreams

I am so tired of dreaming about my old high school. (Except it's not exactly my old high school, it's usually some mishmash of the high school, the middle school, and the university. Elementary school, for some reason, rarely shows up anymore.) Most of the time it's the ordinary "I'm late for class, forgot my schedule, can't find the room, didn't do my homework, not prepared for the exam" kind of school dream. Not last night, no. Last night I was lost in a high school that had grown and expanded, cancer-like, into a warren of hallways going off in odd directions, and I just needed to get to the library for something and then I could get the hell out of there. But there was this guy who kept following me and threatening me and trying to stick me with a syringe. I ended up in an art room where the walls were covered in skeins of yarn. None of my schools ever taught knitting.

Sometimes I really hate dreaming. I'd be happy if I never had to set foot in that stupid place again, but my brain keeps insisting on it.

What are your 100 words about dreams?

Image: federico stevanin / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment