Tuesday, October 19, 2010

And Back to Your Regularly Scheduled Programming…

Hey folks, thanks for bearing with me the last week or two. It's been a stressful time, but The Dog is back at the shelter, and we've welcomed our newest addition to the house…The Bulldog! (I thought about actually using his name, but heck, if The Husband doesn't get a name, The Bulldog shouldn't either, I suppose…)

Oh, my gods, I'd forgotten how much work a new dog is. Leash manners, table manners, housebreaking, and we still have to introduce him to the cats…but after The Dog, pfft, that's all nothin'. She trained me so well for my future dogs.

(The Husband just told me "Your number of 'My Wife Is Awesome' points just went up. LOL!)

Anyway, it's nearing the end of October! I love Halloween, although this year it's really snuck up on me. Last year I was participating in the Paranormal Authors Fight Club, which resulted in the free story "A Wild Hunt." This year I'm not doing any contests, but I like the idea of celebrating my second favorite holiday with free words, so on Friday, October 29th, I'll be posting a link here to a new free short story over at my website. And since I'm not playing by someone else's rules, this story is a Mercy Loomis no-holds-barred explicit paranormal erotica original. Oh yeah.

(Which is also why I'm not posting it here…)

And it's almost November! That means it's nearly time for NaNoWriMo! (Eep!) Despite my best attempts to outline, I'll be pantsing this novel for the most part, which is a little nerve-wracking. I figure if I get stuck I can always start on the Encore expansion, which is my next project after my NaNoWriMo novel, codename: Project Geargirl. One novel or two novels, it still counts as long as it's 50,000 words of novel writing, right? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment