Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February

So all autumn long we kept hearing about what an awful winter it was supposed to be. Apparently the awful has decided to skip Wisconsin for once. I think we've only had two snowstorms worth calling snowstorms. There's practically no snow out there right now. It's weird.

And it's not just that we're having a warm streak. It's been unseasonably warm most of the winter. Not only are plants starting to try and wake up, the birds have been coming back for weeks. Canadian geese up the wazoo. No redwings yet, but I keep looking.

I am looking for redwings in February. This is just not right.

(You can see some of my previous posts about snow here. Trust me, this weather is not normal.)

Image: Simon Howden / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment