Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday, Monday

Glad I hadn't planned on doing much writing today. (Although I had planned on getting more laundry done...)

Got another rejection today, but I'm ok with it. The editor sent a long paragraph of feedback, which was awesome. Writing that particular story was like pulling teeth, so the feedback should help me clean it up a bit before I ship it out to the next market.

I'm in the odd position of having too many projects brewing in my head. There are six anthologies I'm targeting by the end of the month (and unfortunately, the story I just got back doesn't fit any of them). I've got one of the stories written already and out to my test group, one story idea that I'm waiting to hear back from the editor on (they requested idea queries), and one mostly planned in my head. Plus a couple non-fiction book proposals I've been meaning to put together, the prequel to my novel, a YA series, a historical fiction novel, plus a few other stories that haven't decided how long they want to be yet. It's like, man, how do I pick what to work on first?

I think tomorrow I'm going to spend some time outlining stories. I tried doing that on Friday with index cards, but that doesn't seem to be working well for me. I did find some old outlines I did though, which were in summary form. I think I'll try that again. Short expositional summaries just to get things straight in my head, and then I don't have to worry about getting lost if I jump from project to project.

No comments:

Post a Comment