Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Best Laid Plans...

So last month I outlined my goal for 2010: one story published a month.

Here we are at the end of February, and my goal is already blown.

I thought I had February in the bag. I had one anthology scheduled and one ezine story submitted. But the ezine is having issues and the anthology got pushed back.

Such is life, I guess. Especially in the publishing industry.

I suppose I really can't complain. I had one story published in January, I'm expecting a contract next week for a story to be published in a March anthology, the anthology originally scheduled for February is now scheduled for April, and May is the scheduled release for the Please, Sir anthology.

So I'm four out of five for Jan to May 2010. (Barring further rescheduling.)

I've got my eye on a number of anthologies closing in the next couple months, as well as finishing the requested revision for 1794, and I'm also taking notes for a non-fiction project. Plus there's another mid-length fiction project I want to do before I start in on my next novel-length fiction project.

Oh, and I got my novel revision done last month, which is always a load off, at least until the rejection letters start piling up again.

All in all I'm still feeling good about 2010, writing-wise. But boy, I'm tired.

1 comment: