Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Spring is in the Air

Or at least it is this week. Next week it's supposed to get cold again.

(Of course, you know you're in Wisconsin when it's 42 degrees out and everyone has their windows rolled down.)

I don't know if I've ever looked forward to spring so much. Why? Because The Bulldog likes to jog. He jogs beautifully, whereas when walking he tends to pull, even after months of loose-leash training. Plus I've been wanting to work up to jogging eventually, and jogging on ice is such a precarious business.

(I don't understand people who bike on it. I mean, really, people.)

He's really put on weight since we got him--89 pounds versus 71 pounds. Nearly all of it's muscle, and we think we could put on another 4-5 pounds of muscle once the weather gets nicer.

I'm also hoping that once he's getting more exercise he'll stop being quite so jealous of my computer. If I'm in the kitchen doing dishes he's happy to hang out quietly and watch me, but when I'm staring at the computer screen and typing on the keyboard he seems to think I'm not actually doing anything, and therefore should be paying attention to him. And he doesn't believe me when I tell him, "No, buddy, this is work too."

No comments:

Post a Comment