Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ice, Ice, Go Away

Times are definitely interesting all over. Honestly, I'd prefer a little less excitement, but you can't always get what you want.

I don't think I've ever looked forward to spring so much in my life. The Bulldog needs longer walks, and I need the ice to go away!

Things are kinda stressful here in Madison these days, so my writing has been more sporadic than usual. Hopefully things calm down soon one way or another. Like so many other folks, I just want to know if I get to keep my day job.

Sporadic or not, the writing I've been doing has been good. Really good. I haven't felt this good about the old novel in many, many moon. I'm really hoping to have the new revision done by April, and then I think I want to finish up 1794 (again) and get that off my plate. Then it's back to Project Toadstool, poor thing, which has been shoved onto the back burner since January. And maybe a short story, 'cause it's been awhile.

Weather-wise I prefer March to come in like a lamb, because we're much more likely to have thunderstorms in late March than early March, and I love me some thunderstorms. Politically I hope and pray March is coming in like a lion, 'cause I don't know how much more of this I can take. Good thing I'm going to WhiskeyFest in April. Ahh, whiskey.

Image: Maggie Smith / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

No comments:

Post a Comment