Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Quick Post and a Ballgame

Just got home from a Brewers game, so today's post is going to be a quickie. (Don't you love quickies?) Trash is put out and The Husband is out walking The Bulldog--thank goodness, because I don't think my tendons would take much more tonight.

This was the first Brewer game I've been to in, oh, nearly 30 years. (And yes, I like the old logo better than the new ones.) I don't follow baseball so I had no idea who any of the players were; but oddly, that didn't matter. How quickly one settles into the rhythm of the game, and the cheering for the home team, the hot dogs and fried food, the singing of "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the seventh inning stretch. (This is traditionally followed by "Roll Out the Barrel" in Wisconsin, which confused the Iowa-born Husband. Hey, we like to polka.)

It was great to see the Brew Crew win, and I had a great time, but I don't think I'd pay regular price to see them play. (Not even against the Twins, our traditional enemy.) Tonight was the $6-a-seat night. Tomorrow (well, today), the seats we had go for $38.00. That's a lot of money to go to a place where a beer costs $7 at a minimum, and Crackerjack costs $6. I can't imagine taking a family of four on a regular price night. Admission alone is astronomical, much less the food. And they wonder why attendance is down?

No comments:

Post a Comment