Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Distractions and Writer's Block

So we have a loose cable on the outside of the house. We thought it was the power line, but they came out and checked it and said no, it wasn't theirs. They thought it was the cable TV line, but the cable guy is here now and he says nope, not theirs either. He thinks it's the phone line. (Although he did find that our cable line is improperly situated so he's fixing that while he's here.) So next we get to call the phone company and have them out. I feel like I should throw a party for all my utilities homies.

Man, good thing I'm unemployed or I'd be pretty cranky about all the time off of work.

So.

Still working on the same stupid short story that I was working on before my cousin died. I'm just having a devil of a time focusing lately.

Yesterday I spent most of the day working on an edit for a short story that hopefully will be published in late September. I've sent in the contract but I made changes to it so I'm waiting to get a copy back before I post that one. More when I have it.

Wednesday is LAN party night for the husband, so it's just me and the dog. Which means we get to go for a nice long walk as soon as her energy level gets too high, which should be around 5pm. Which is of course right in the middle of my peak writing time. Ah well.

Back to 1794. Really. Honestly.

No comments:

Post a Comment