Monday, August 3, 2009

Welcome to August

I'm be-bopping to The Ubiquitous Mr. Lovegrove by Dead Can Dance. Checkbook is balanced, dishes are done, doggie is asleep, and I have a vast mug of coffee sitting next to me.

Just about ready to get started.

I had a surprisingly good writing weekend. Got 1400 words done on Friday, which I felt pretty good about, getting back in the groove of things after a week of distraction. On Saturday we took a day trip to Chicago with some friends and had a wonderful time, and on the way home my poor husband had an odd encounter which I was able to turn into a piece of flash fiction on Sunday morning.

So, back to work on the current short. I missed the deadline for the anthology I was hoping to submit it to, but it's a vampire story and they're always in season, so I'm not too worried about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment