Friday, March 20, 2009

Of cats and conferences

As I write this, my cat is sitting behind me rather desperately trying to get into my lap. One would think a lap cat would be perfect for a writer, but for some reason it makes it very difficult for me to work. I really need to get the wireless fixed on my laptop so I can blog from my office.

I'm very much looking forward to the writer's conference next weekend - particularly the class on marketing. Writing, I can do - promoting myself, I need to learn a lot about. Any book recommendations out there? I love to research. It's amazing what story ideas you can come up with by reading non-fiction.

Speaking of stories, that front is going well. I'm sending two shorts out today, and then spending the rest of the time between now and the conference polishing my novel. I can't wait until my pitch session is done, because either way I'm sending the stupid thing out and moving on to something else. Freedom!

No comments:

Post a Comment