Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Pitch Session

So my revision is coming along pretty well, I just have one more plot point I need to figure out how best to work in. (I have one idea, but I keep thinking of problems with it, so I need to do a little more work on it.) I'm currently over at a friend's house at a "job search party." Basically, the three of us hanging out looking at job websites. And since I forgot to put my resume on my laptop, I'm mostly just bookmarking sites for later, and reading everything I can find as far as pitch session advice goes.

I've found a few websites that have been helpful. I think it's mostly a matter of writing up my summary and repeating it over and over and over again until I'm muttering it in my sleep. I have a marked tendency to go completely blank the moment anyone asks me a question. (I think this is a factor in why I want to write for a living...)

And Rotorooter finally did show up and got my pipes cleaned out, finishing fifteen minutes before they would have gone into overtime. Yeay! The amount of unexpected expenses that have cropped up this year is mind-boggling. I am fully expecting my refrigerator to die any day now too. It's been ready to die for ages, but given the list of stuff lately, I would not be in the least surprised. Like my husband says, hopefully we're getting all of the bad stuff out of the way early this year...

No comments:

Post a Comment