Monday, November 1, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010: Day 1

Well, so far today I've started Project Geargirl twice, and written about a thousand words of utter crap. I mean, I know first drafts are allowed to suck, but this is more suck than I can take.

The problem is that I have no idea how to get into the story. And I've changed the setting so much that I really can't fit the original story idea into it anymore.

So then I tried to start in on the Encore expansion, but got completely derailed by The Bulldog. By the time I'd taken him out to pee and got him settled down again, I'd totally lost the mojo I'd started rebuilding.

It's all incredibly frustrating. I've probably written close to my word count for today, but I'm not keeping any of it. I think my experiment with quantity over quality is a dismal failure, at least so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment