Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010: Day 2

Woohoo, now I'm rocking! Got my 1667 words for today done, and feeling pretty good about it. It's not on any of the projects that I had on my radar, which I think is part of why it's working so well. The other reason is that I'm working with a setting that I already know really well, and any world-building decisions I still need to make are mostly the kind that will get figured out as I write anyway.

The project is a young adult (or possibly middle-grade) novel set using the same rules as my stories "A Wild Hunt" and "Cry Wolf." (Well, actually all of my paranormal stories are written using that world system, but those two actually deal with Faerie.) This is the perfect kind of story for me to use to get back to pantsing a novel, because there is very little research or setting decision-making to distract me; I've already done it all. And since I don't know what's going to be happening in my other stories any more than what's going going to happen in this one, well, why not?

And best of all, now I'm actually excited about it again. Sweet! Now I just need to catch up from all the false starts yesterday...

No comments:

Post a Comment